Ritu Jaiswal the mukhiya of gram panchayat raj singhwahini, sonbarsa, sitamarhi, Bihar. She was born on 26 Aug, 1977 in hajipur. she studied bachelors of arts(economics) from Vaishali Mahila college. she has also interest in dancing Bharat Natyam and Kathak. She left her luxurious metro city life to serve her community.
She contested in 2016 and won the election for the position of mukhiya from singhwahini panchayat located in sitamrhi district. she won the election by a huge margin of around 2200 votes.
Ritu got married to Mr Arun Kumar, (a 1995 batch civil services officer) Director, Central Vigilance Commission in the year 1996. Besides his duty as a very methodical and accountable Government Officer, Arun, as an understanding husband has always stood by her side in fulfilling her vision to serve the society.
- For females, she got established stitching training centres
- She has established five education centres in the Panchayat where she is providing free and quality education to over 360 children.
- Her initiative of teaching students gave her great outcome and twelve girls from these centres qualified their matriculation examination in the year 2015.
- She organizes awareness campaigns, cultural programs and sessions, arranges infotainment seminars among the villagers which help them compete with the outer world.
- Her efforts brought electricity to the village Narkatiya for the first time since independence.
She also got rewarded much time for her efforts and dedication towards her community members.
She was conferred the “Uchh Shikshit Adarsh Yuva Sarpanch (Mukhiya) Puraskaar 2016” at the 7th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad by the Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT) School of Government on 18 January, in Pune.
She was among the 5 Mukhiyas selected to represent Bihar for the “Capacity Building Program for Sarpanch & Panchayat Secretaries” by The Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India at the Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi.
We the whole realbihar.in team wishes her a great future ahead and may she achieve whatever she wants. we salute her for her exemplary work in her panchayat.
Source: Google & Wikipedia